MY CIRCLE OF COURAGE

........MY CIRCLE OF COURAGE.......
In order to be a leader, you must act from unconditional love. In order to act through love, you must first love yourself. In order to love yourself, you must first love your actions. In order to love your actions, you must first love your feelings, thoughts, and behaviors. In order to love your feelings, thoughts, and behaviors, you must first love your qualities, character, and values. In order to love your values, you must first live by your values. In order to live by and love your values, you must first be caring, compassionate, forgiving, grateful, honest, loyal, dependable, and understanding. When you live and love yourself in this way, then you naturally become a leader because others will love you also!_Kelli Patterson

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

RIGHTEOUS REBEL & IDEALISTIC INNOVATOR




While reading my juvenile delinquency book, I had to respond to Merton’s 5 modes of strain theory and how they contribute to delinquency. It really got to me because these modes were presented in a negative light, whereas, I viewed them (the last two, rebellion and innovation) as a Wonderful thing! 

According to my textbook:

“Rebellion occurs when a person rejects both the means and the goals of the social mainstream and replaces them with new ones.” (1)  (sounds good to me J). ““Rebels” deviate from the social mainstream perspective and try to introduce a new social order. Eco terrorists and political terrorists are good illustrations of this mode of adaptation.”(1) 

It describes innovation as: “The fifth mode of adaptation, innovation, represents individuals who have accepted the cultural emphasis on success, but not the prescribed norms for reaching it. An innovative person rejects institutional or approved practices but retains the culturally induced goals. This approach is most likely to occur when a person has little access to conventional means for attaining such success. Innovative individuals, therefore, adopt unapproved means, such as theft, burglary, or robbery.”(1)
 

      These last two really got to me! I consider myself, both, a rebel and an innovator. Part of the problem in today’s society is what they value and what their definition of “success” is!  It seems as though money, nice things, and status are more important than morals, respect and love for one another, life forms, time, family, and values. SAD REALLY! Society needs to wake up and realize what is important and what they are creating for their children. This is why I love WV because people seem less concerned with these things and value the simple things in this world that God has given us! 

I am a REBEL because I do not need laws or society telling me what to do because I have a strong moral compass and COMPLETE respect for all life forms while valuing their lives just as much as my own.  I do not and WILL not conform to laws or anything else that I do not believe in my heart is good for humanity as a whole, even if it were to cost me my life….I will fight for the rights of every human being to be happy, healthy, and have their needs met, and personally, I’m sick and tired of taking orders from people who have their own selfish reasons for doing the things they do, changing laws, or making people do things, and the sad thing is that people take orders from these “officials” simply because of their wealth and status, yet those same individuals are only out for themselves, and will, eventually, do the same to the people who work for them! We need to create a society where MONEY and Materialistic things are irrelevant, and where kindness, compassion, love, and helping one another is what is GOLDEN!  So, yes, I am a rebel. I will NEVER give up my guns (because my family uses them to feed us, just as many people in the mountains would not eat if they didn’t have guns) and NEVER will I pay to get insurance because I don’t need it and I don’t use it so why in the world would I pay for it! Like I said before, my core is love and light, and never will I conform to anyone or anything that is not out for the good of our entire universe, even if it costs me my life or a lifetime in prison!

I am also an innovator in the sense that I have reached my highest level of success, a level of success that many individuals do not reach in their lifetime, self-realization/self-actualization, and it has nothing to do with anything but what makes up “who I am” not “what I have, do, or have done!” I will use my success to help others reach this inner peace so that they can radiate that inner peace and create a world where people give to others. We do not need government that has to control and use force (but rather a government that connects, organizes, and maintains the platform for individual happiness and equality for all), we do not need taxes, we do not need money, we NEED to barter and share what we have (gift, purpose, talent, skills, knowledge) with others and allow them to provide, in return, what we need or lack. Then people will learn to love, support, appreciate, and help one another and the world will get back the morals, ethics, and value that God was able to “foresee” when creating our World!
 
My being a Rebel or an Innovator has absolutely nothing to do with delinquency, fighting, arguing, or deceiving; it has EVERYTHING to do with peace, giving, empowerment, and sharing so that everyone can be happy and healthy! 

REF:
(1) Bartol, C.; Bartol, A. (2009).  Juvenile Delinquency and Antisocial Behavior 3rd edition. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education, Inc.


1 comment:

  1. Kelli,
    I need sometime to think about this.
    You sound like a libertarian, or almost an anarchist, albeit a constructive rather than a destructive one. I've taken the liberty of sending your link to some friends of mine.
    First Friday is at my house on March 1.
    If you're in town, I hope you will drop in.

    ReplyDelete